Preparing to move your family long-distance can be a challenging task. We know how difficult it is when you have to determine what to move and what to leave behind or sell and then start packing what’s moving with you. If you have to be at your new location by a specific date, this can complicate the process even more. Then you have the issue of being a multi-car family and having to ship one of more vehicles to your intended destination. That’s where we at Ship Vehicles come in. Our company offers some of the most competitive rates in the auto shipping industry and we’re ready to provide you with a stress-free experience.
Do you offer more than one method for shipping my vehicle?
There are several ways that you can ship a vehicle depending on your destination with the two most common methods being enclosed or open containers and trailers. If you’re looking for the most cost-effective method, the open-air option will accommodate your needs. Conversely, if you’re shipping an antique, classic, or exotic vehicle, you’ll want the added protection and security of an enclosed carrier. You’ll find that our open-air option is competitively priced while an enclosed carrier will protect your valuable investment from all the environmental elements encountered on the move.
What is the cheapest way to ship my vehicle?
Again, you have a couple of options to choose from if you’re looking for the best value, namely “door-to-door” or “terminal-to-terminal” shipping. Here is how they differ:
Door-to-door shipping – the standard method for shipping vehicles is door-to-door on an open-air carrier. We recommend this method if the vehicle you’re shipping is the one you drive on a daily basis. All of these types of carriers are insured at a minimum of $750k (the federally-mandated minimum coverage).
Terminal-to-terminal shipping – if you have a tight budget, this is the cheapest vehicle shipping method available. However, we don’t recommend this method for a couple of important reasons. It’s less convenient than the door-to-door shipping method and much slower. Furthermore, although vehicle terminals are relatively secure, it is still risky because your vehicle is left unattended until you pick it up. This means that your vehicle could be out of your sight for days or even weeks, depending on your schedule.
How much will it cost to ship my vehicle?
No two auto transport companies are alike and neither are their rates. However, one thing is true throughout the auto shipping industry – you get what you pay for. Auto shipping costs vary depending on when and where you’re moving as well as the type of vehicle you want to ship. Other factors that are taken into consideration include:
- shipping distance
- size of the vehicle
- time of year (summer is always best)
- type of transport method selected
- vehicle condition
Finally, to ensure that you’re getting the best value for the money, be sure to get quotes from several companies and compare them all side by side.
How can I be sure I’m getting the best shipping rates?
First and foremost, get a binding quote. Surprisingly, only 1 out of 5 (20%) of all auto transport companies will give you a binding quote that doesn’t increase. You may be wondering what causes shipping rates to vary. Just remember what we said earlier – in this industry, you get what you pay for. Other factors that will ensure getting the best rate include:
- Visit a federally licensed auto transport company website
- Make sure the auto transport company you select is located here in the US
- Find out if you’ll be provided with a rental car at no charge if there are any excessive shipping and delivery delays
- Although it should be obvious, make sure the company you’re dealing with is insured against any damage your vehicle incurs during the trip
- Be sure to choose a company that operates 7 days a week and is readily accessible no matter what time of day or night it is
On a closing note, be sure to inspect your vehicle as thoroughly as possible for damage (chips, dents, dings, scratches, etc.) with the driver of the transport carrier upon arrival. Although our drivers are thoroughly trained to handle a broad range of vehicles, we are fully insured so that you’re protected in the event that any damage is incurred along the way to your new destination.
With a strong network of global shipping services, we can help you move your vehicle within US and anywhere else in the world. We have been in the autos hipping industry for years and can ensure safe and timely delivery of vehicles. As a licensed, insured and bonded service with amazing customer feedbacks, you can be sure that your vehicle is in safe hands at amazingly competitive prices. Call us today to know more about our services.
- What Is Piggy Back Truck Transport? Explaining Everything You Should Know
- What Is Driveaway Auto Transport? Explaining The Basics
- Student Vehicle Shipping Discounts – Save Money On Shipping A Car
- Shipping An Airplane – Understanding Your Options & How It Works
- Shipping A Sprinter Van – What You Should Know About Commercial Van Shipping
- Shipping A Fire Truck – Everything You’ve Ever Wanted To Know
- How To Ship A Mobility Van – Answering Your Common FAQs
- How To Ship A Bus – Your Step-By-Step Guide
- Five Reasons to Use an Auto Shipping Service
- Common Auto Shipping Scams and How to Avoid Them