At Ship Vehicles, we offer world class car shipping and auto transport services to fit your needs. Whether you need to have a vehicle shipped to a different city, across the country to a different state, or even a different country, Ship Vehicles has a stress-free solution. We understand how important your car is to you and how shipping an automobile can be an overwhelming experience. This is especially true if you’ve never had to relocate a vehicle before. However, that’s where we come in.
Our auto shipping services ensure that your car arrives to its final destination in a safe, secure, and timely fashion. With the additional security and protection that only comes with enclosed car shipping, you will have the peace of mind knowing your car is safe and sound during its entire journey.
What Is Enclosed Car Shipping?
When you need to ship a vehicle, you generally have two choice in services: open transport or enclosed transport. Open carrier shipping is more commonly used and understood, and you’ve likely seen these trucks on the freeway. With this service your vehicle is secured to an open trailer that transports multiple cars on two levels. Enclosed transport, instead, uses a covered, fully contained transport truck to ship your car. As opposed to open transport, enclosed trailers do not leave your vehicle exposed to the elements.
Your vehicle will be fully protected in a container from any inclement weather, bugs, other vehicles, and possible road hazards. This option is the ideal choice for those that need to transport a classic, luxury, exotic, or other high-valued car. While open transport can generally move between 8 and 10 cars at a time, enclosed car shipping carries less, typically between 2 and 4.
How Much Does Enclosed Car Shipping Cost?
When compared to open auto transport, enclosed car shipping will almost always be more expensive. Since open-air carriers are able to ship up to 10 cars at a time, the cost of the entire shipment is distributed between ten different vehicles. On the other hand, enclosed trucks generally house 2-4 vehicles at a time, resulting in a much higher price when you spread the costs.
You can expect to pay 50-100% more for an enclosed truck than you would for an open-air trailer. For example, if you were to be quoted $1000 for open transport services, you will most likely pay $1500-$2000 for enclosed transport on the same route. To help put things into perspective, here are some example enclosed car shipping quotes for popular routes in the U.S.
|Shipping Route||Cost Estimate||Miles||Transport Time|
|Seattle, WA to Miami, FL||$1,730-$2,700||3,297 miles||7-9 days|
|Los Angeles, CA to Dallas, TX||$995-$1,990||1,436 miles||4-6 days|
|St. Louis, MO to Kansas City, KS||$560-$1,120||251 miles||2-4 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to Salt Lake City, UT||$790-$1,200||421 miles||2-4 days|
|Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL||$590-$1,150||283 miles||2-4 days|
|California to Delaware||$1,700-$2,600||2,848 miles||5-7 days|
|Louisiana to Montana||$1,500-$1,930||1,854 miles||5-7 days|
|Oklahoma City, OK to Portland, OR||$1,560-$1,950||1,909 miles||5-7 days|
|New York, NY to Indianapolis, IN||$850-$1,550||727 miles||3-5 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to Denver, CO||$900-$1,600||821 miles||3-5 days|
Keep in mind that these prices and timing will vary based on availability of enclosed carriers near you, along with the type of vehicle you are shipping and the time of year.
Why Choose Enclosed Car Shipping?
The primary advantage to choosing enclosed car shipping over all the other options, is the level of protection and security that your vehicle will experience. Not only is your vehicle shielded from weather, rocks, dust, dirt, and other flying road debris, it is also out of sight from the prying eyes of the public. In fact, over half a million vehicles are stolen in the United States every year. Purchasing additional security for your vehicle is a great investment when it comes to selecting auto transport services. Here are some other reasons to love this type of transport:
- Hydraulic Lift: Open auto transport carriers do not have hydraulic lifts. Loading your vehicle via a hydraulic lift is absolutely necessary for cars that have low ground clearance. Enclosed auto carriers are the only option that has hydraulic lifts, ensuring the safety of your undercarriage when it is both loaded and unloaded.
- Guaranteed Pickup and Dropoff Dates: When you select enclosed car shipping, your pickup and delivery dates are guaranteed. That way, you will be aware of the exact date that your car is going to be picked up and dropped off for delivery. Should anything occur along the route that will delay your delivery, you will be contacted immediately.
- White Glove Service: With Ship Vehicles, our drivers will don the white gloves when handling your vehicle. This will help to ensure that your vehicle arrives at its destination without any dirt or dust.
- More Insurance Coverage: Regardless of the auto transport service you select, your vehicle is covered under insurance. However, if you have an expensive car and you choose enclosed car shipping, your coverage amounts may be higher than if you were to use open transport. When you speak with your auto transport company to book a service, make sure that you inquire about insurance coverage.
- Theft Protection: Having your car transported in a fully covered container safeguards it from the prying eyes and hands of thieves. This is a very important consideration for those who own valuable vehicles.
Types of Enclosed Car Shipping Carriers
Although there are many different types of auto transport trailers on the road, they can be broken down into two main forms: Soft side and hard side. Soft side trailers are exactly as the name indicates; their soft sides cover the trailer and protect the cargo inside. The sides are generally comprised of a canvas, or another tear-resistant material. These types of trailers are usually reserved for the middle of the road kind of vehicle, and less for the higher-end varieties.
On the other hand, hard side trailers are built to withstand. They resemble large semi-trucks and are made of metal, making them much more resistant to damage along the transport route. Some other types of enclosed car shipping carriers you may come across include:
- Single Enclosed Trailer: A single car carrier is designed to haul only one vehicle and is typically used for short or local distance transport. They are most often reserved for extremely valuable vehicles such as race cars, exotic cars, or any other expensive car that needs to be delivered quickly.
- Multi-Car Enclosed Trailer: Multi-car enclosed carriers have the ability to haul one or more cars at a time. They come in either a double decker, or single level design.
- Stacking Trailers: An enclosed trailer that is referred to as “stacking” has enough space for vehicles to be stored in two different rows on top of one another.
- Non-Stacking Trailers: These types of enclosed trailers are the exact opposite of the stacking variation. They, instead, transport vehicles in an enclosed carrier that has only one level with nothing on top.
Why Use Ship Vehicles’ Enclosed Car Shipping Service?
Regardless of the type of vehicle that you need to transport, at Ship Vehicles we can offer you the most comprehensive enclosed transportation services. We have been in the industry for over 30 years and can ensure that your enclosed car shipping experience is quick, safe, secure, and easy. All of our enclosed car shipping quotes are completely free and fully customized based on your situation. Give us a call today to learn how you could save up to 20% on your next auto transport with Ship Vehicles!
- A Brief Guide to Car Moving
- Everything About Shipping Multiple Cars Across Country
- Helpful Tips to Send Car to Another State
- Pickup Truck Delivery – The Benefits Associated
- Everything About Military PCS Vehicle Shipping
- Shipping Your Copart Auction Vehicle with the Right Copart Shipping Services
- Can you Ship a Car – Find the Answer Here!
- Everything You Must Know About How to Ship My Car to Hawaii
- How to Ensure a Safe Auto Transport!
- Here’s Your Guide To Motorcycle Shipping Cost Estimator