Are you someone who spends part of the year in Hawaii? Or, for whatever reason, are you planning an extended stay in this island paradise? Hundreds of people make the 2,400-mile trek across the Pacific Ocean yearly to enjoy all that this breathtaking state has to offer. However, imagine how great it would be to take your car with you and explore the islands in your very own vehicle.
Whether you’re relocating for just a couple weeks, a few months or on a more permanent basis, you’re probably wondering how to get your vehicle to Hawaii from San Diego and also how to transport it back. Well, you’ve come to the right place! Ship Vehicles can help you with all your Hawaii auto shipping needs. We’ll manage the transport of your vehicle both to the state of Hawaii and from the Hawaiian Islands back to San Diego.
Shipping A Vehicle from Hawaii to San Diego
When you relocate, you may be thinking that taking your car back with you to the mainland isn’t worth the time or hassle. However, this could not be further from the truth when you own a classic, exotic or vintage vehicle. Also, finding another vehicle on the mainland that meets your budget and needs can be difficult.
In this case, you should absolutely consider having the vehicle shipped from Hawaii to San Diego. Ship Vehicles offers a convenient and stress-free way to transport your vehicle, from any of the Hawaiian Islands directly to your door on the mainland.
Obtain Your Free Shipping Quote Today
For the best estimate when shipping a vehicle from Hawaii to San Diego, fill out our online quote request form. One of our dedicated shipping experts will reach out to you within 24 hours to provide you with your quote and answer any questions you have about the shipping process.
In order to accurately calculate your quote, we’ll need to know the port it will be departing from, the delivery location, whether you want open or enclosed transport, and the make, model and year of your vehicle. We will also ask if the vehicle is running and you can expect to pay slightly more for a vehicle that does not operate.
Booking and Prepping Your Vehicle for Shipment
Once you have confirmed and accepted your shipping quote, you’ll need to complete your booking. This can be done by speaking with one of our shipping advisors and verifying all of the details. Call our office at (877) 310-6434 to be linked up with someone from our team.
After your order has been booked and the drop-off date confirmed, all that’s left is to prepare your vehicle for shipping. Since land transport in Hawaii is not available, you will be responsible for making sure that your car arrives at the port on time. But, before drop off, the following are all the things you should do:
- Clean the outside and inside of the vehicle, removing any personal belongings and extra attachments that could fall off during transport.
- Thoroughly inspect the car, take photos of all angles and document any pre-existing dings, dents, scratches or other damage.
- Make sure that all the fluids are topped off, the tires are sufficiently inflated and the battery is charged.
- Secure any items that could possibly shift during transit such as custom stereos, car chargers, the GPS or any after-market DVD players.
- Deactivate your parking passes, toll service and any vehicle alarms.
- Double check that the gas is no more than a quarter of a tank.
Engage in all of these steps and shipping your vehicle from Hawaii to San Diego will be hassle-free.
How Do I Deliver My Vehicle to the Hawaiian Port?
Whether you’re dropping your car off at the Port of Honolulu, Hilo, Kahului or any other Hawaiian port, the below guidelines will apply. You are responsible for transporting your vehicle to the port and presenting:
- Your booking confirmation number for your Ship Vehicles transport service.
- An extra set of keys to hand off to the shipping representative at the port.
- If your car has an alarm, keys or a remote that controls it.
- The vehicle’s title and up-to-date registration documents, if you own it.
- If your car is financed or leased, you may be expected to provide a letter of authorization from the lien holder.
- A form of photo identification issued by the government.
If you are unable to drop off the vehicle at the port yourself, you are permitted to appoint another person to the task. However, they must be 18 years of age or older and have to provide proof of power of attorney that states the vehicle is allowed to be shipped.
When Your Car Arrives in San Diego
You essentially have two options when your vehicle arrives on the mainland in San Diego: you can retrieve it yourself from the port of San Diego or you can purchase an additional service where we delivery the car directly to your door. Our port-to-door Hawaii transport service is the most convenient option and will prevent you from having to deal with presenting more paperwork at the port for pickup.
If you do elect to pick up the vehicle from the port yourself, you will be required to present much of the same paperwork as stated above. If this sounds like a hassle, allow us to handle the transport of your vehicle from Hawaii all the way to your front door in San Diego. When you are scheduling your booking, simply provide us with your desired delivery location and just make sure someone is available to receive the vehicle.
How Much Does It Cost to Ship a Vehicle from Hawaii to San Diego?
When we calculate your estimate for shipping a car from Hawaii to San Diego there are several factors that we must consider. The pricing for standard services to ship a vehicle from the Hawaiian Islands to the Port of San Diego begins at $920. Overall, the final price you can expect to pay will depend on:
- Make, model and year of the vehicle.
- The chosen method of transport. i.e. roll-on/roll-off, container shipping, open or enclosed transport.
- Whether or not the vehicle is running.
- The distance between the car’s drop-off and delivery location.
- Time of the year.
- Customer demand.
Regardless, at Ship Vehicles, we do everything in our power to ensure that you get the best price when shipping your vehicle from Hawaii to San Diego.
Shipping A Vehicle from San Diego to Hawaii
What happens if you are shipping a vehicle in the opposite direction, from San Diego to any of the Hawaiian Islands? The port of San Diego is very popular for those who are relocating to Hawaii and shipping a vehicle out of this city is a straightforward process.
The overall process of shipping a vehicle from San Diego to Hawaii is much less complex than the other direction, but it begins the same way. The first step is to retrieve a quote from an auto shipping company. You can do this by filling out our online quote request form or calling our office directly at (877) 310-6434 to speak with one of our dedicated auto shipping experts.
After your quote has been accepted, you book the order and prep your car for shipping using the same steps outlined above. We will pick up your car on the pre-determined date and all you’ll have to do is be available to retrieve it from your chosen port in Hawaii.
How Long Does It Take to Ship a Car from San Diego to Hawaii and From Hawaii to San Diego?
The overall distance between Hawaii and San Diego is over $2,500 miles. When shipping between ports, the carrier has a lot of ocean to cover. The time you can expect for your vehicle to cross the Pacific Ocean is around 7 to 14 days.
If you’re in need of an auto transport company to ship your vehicle from Hawaii to San Diego or vice versa, look no further than Ship Vehicles. With over 30 years of experience in this field, we have shipped thousands of vehicles to and from the Hawaiian Islands. We’ve streamlined the process and always guarantee a hassle-free experience when you work with us.
Fill out our online quote request form or phone our office today at (877) 310-6434 to receive your FREE, no-obligation quote for shipping your vehicle from Hawaii to San Diego.
- A Brief Guide to Car Moving
- Everything About Shipping Multiple Cars Across Country
- Helpful Tips to Send Car to Another State
- Pickup Truck Delivery – The Benefits Associated
- Everything About Military PCS Vehicle Shipping
- Shipping Your Copart Auction Vehicle with the Right Copart Shipping Services
- Can you Ship a Car – Find the Answer Here!
- Everything You Must Know About How to Ship My Car to Hawaii
- How to Ensure a Safe Auto Transport!
- Here’s Your Guide To Motorcycle Shipping Cost Estimator