Ship a Vehicle to Guam: Your 2020 Guide
Since Guam is considered an unincorporated territory of the United States, it’s a relatively easy process to ship a vehicle overseas to this country. When compared to other international shipments such as shipping to Germany, Australia or even Canada, importing a vehicle to Guam is much more straightforward. Located in the Pacific Ocean, Guam is an island country positioned just east of the Philippines.
At Ship Vehicles, we have one of the largest worldwide delivery networks for car, exotic vehicle, boat, equipment or any other vehicle shipping that you require. With over 30 years of experience, we provide the most reliable and proficient international vehicle shipping services to Guam.
While the car shipping process to Guam is relatively simple, you’ll still need to do plenty of research to ensure that you’re fully prepared for transport. Thankfully, we’ve done most of the heavy lifting for you. Read on for your essential 2020 guide to shipping a vehicle to Guam.
Importing a Vehicle to Guam
As you begin the process of transporting your vehicle to Guam, there are a few factors you should consider:
- Is this a temporary move to Guam or do you plan on living in the country permanently?
- Have you been the owner of your vehicle for longer than six months?
- Is the vehicle that you’re importing to Guam new or used?
These questions, in addition to others, will determine your car’s eligibility for shipment to Guam. Also, your tax rate is highly dependent on these specific details.
We always recommend to never assume that your situation will be the same as someone else’s. For instance, used vehicles may come with a very different set of eligibility requirements than newer vehicles that are imported to Guam. If at any point during the process you have questions or would like an accurate cost estimate, reach out to one of our professionals. They are well-versed in shipping vehicles internationally to Guam and can help make the journey as seamless as possible.
How much does it cost to ship a vehicle to Guam?
The final cost for shipping a car to Guam will vary based on the method you choose, your current location, the make and model of your car and more. However, we estimate that the cost for shipping a car from the USA to Guam begins at $1,650 USD. This is a general baseline that includes the most affordable transport method, roll-on/roll-off, and shipping from the Port of Los Angeles to the Port of Guam. The situation displayed here exhibits the least amount of distance travelled to ship a vehicle to Guam.
While this price is the baseline for shipping to Guam, based on availability and cost fluctuations the average vehicle transport to Guam from the U.S. costs between $3,000 and $7,000. Additionally, just like importing a car to any other international destination, you should consider the costs for cleaning, storage, other vendor fees and Guam’s particular taxes & duties.
It’s because of all of these variables that our international shipping professionals create custom quotes for all our customers. To obtain the most accurate estimate for shipping a car to Guam, fill out our online quote request form or call (877) 310-6434 to speak with one of our dedicated experts.
What are the port options when shipping a vehicle to Guam?
The port that your vehicle departs from in the U.S will depend on a variety of factors. These include your established budget, where the vehicle is located, your chosen car shipping method, and the services that the port offers. At Ship Vehicles, you have multiple departure options for your vehicle such as New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Savannah, Miami and more.
The destination port that your vehicle will arrive at in Guam is called Apra Harbor. It is in this location where your vehicle enters the country and gets cleared through customs. Once cleared, we will schedule the transport of your vehicle to its final destination within the country. While many people elect to pick up the vehicle from the port themselves and drive it to its destination, you can hire additional transport services to do it for you. Some popular cities in Guam that we service and ship vehicles to include:
- Santa Rita
What documents are required for shipping a vehicle to Guam?
Much of the required documents for shipping a vehicle to Guam are similar when shipping to any other international country. These include:
- The vehicle’s title and registration
- A copy of your driver’s license (In some cases, two forms of identification are required)
- Proof of insurance
- If required, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Form -3520-21
- Customs 7501 Forms
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Form HS-7
- If the vehicle is foreign or older than 25 years, a letter from the EPA granting permission for import is required.
- A bill of sale, invoice or other document that indicates the vehicle’s description, make, model, year and VIN.
By far the biggest challenge you’ll face during the process of shipping a vehicle to Guam is navigating the extensive government regulations and requirements. Every vehicle has to meet the EPA, DOT, and motor vehicle safety standards. If all the necessary documentation is not provided upon import, you could be subject to fees ranging from $300 to $1,000 USD.
Partnering with us, we’ll take care of all the necessary import documentation, shipping forms and any other relevant government requirements. Our team of experienced professionals will help simplify the process of shipping your vehicle to Guam.
What are the shipping methods for transporting a vehicle to Guam?
At Ship Vehicles, we offer a variety of shipping methods to transport your vehicle to Guam. The following are the most popular choices among past customers:
- Roll-on, Roll-off Shipping: This method is by far the most popular and affordable option for shipping a vehicle to Guam. It involves your vehicle being driven onto the transport ship, placed in an area similar to a parking lot, secured to the deck, delivered to your port of choice and then driven off of the ship. If you choose this method, your vehicle must be operable and you are not permitted to transport any personal belongings inside the car.
- Container Shipping: If you’d like to ship personal items in your car to Guam, container shipping may be the best option for you. Your vehicle and possessions will be held securely within an enclosed shipping container. You also have the option of paying for an individual or shared container. Although, you can expect to pay more for your own container than one with other vehicles.
How do I clean my vehicle before shipping to Guam?
You must clean the inside and outside of your vehicle prior to transport to Guam. It’s especially important that the undercarriage of your car is thoroughly cleaned and free of any foreign soil. This will prevent the possible introduction of invasive, plants, fungi, animals and microorganisms. Foreign soil containing these invasive species can be effectively removed by performing a steam cleaning or other detailed cleaning methods.
We can assist you in finding a suitable cleaner to ensure that you comply with all the necessary government requirements. Additionally, avoid washing the inside of your car to prevent mold growth. Instead, a simple vacuum of the interior will suffice.
If you’re ready to start shipping your vehicle to Guam, you’ll need to hire a professional international vehicle shipping company. Look no further than Ship Vehicles to securely and effortlessly manage the entire shipping process. Give our office a call today or fill out our online quote request form for your FREE, no-obligation Guam vehicle shipping quote.
- Cheapest Shipping From The US To Canada
- How Much Does It Cost To Ship A Car To California?
- How to Ship Car from California to Boston – Do’s and Don’ts
- How to ship my car to California?
- What Is Piggy Back Truck Transport? Explaining Everything You Should Know
- What Is Driveaway Auto Transport? Explaining The Basics
- Student Vehicle Shipping Discounts – Save Money On Shipping A Car
- Shipping An Airplane – Understanding Your Options & How It Works
- Shipping A Sprinter Van – What You Should Know About Commercial Van Shipping
- Shipping A Fire Truck – Everything You’ve Ever Wanted To Know