Careers at Ship Vehicles
(Work, build and grow with us)
At Ship Vehicles, our culture goes hand in hand with our work. Our goal is to inspire and encourage creativity in the workplace. We understand the importance of innovation and ensure that our staff knows that we welcome their ideas. After all, innovation and creativity are what keeps our business competitive. We’re constantly striving to find new ways to improve in our industry by making our transport safer, more affordable, more dependable and more efficient for our consumers.
By inspiring greater creativity in our business and acting on it, we can help spur advancement. We challenge our employees to constantly be looking at new ways to approach their work. They’re encouraged to reflect on what works well and what does not. We learn from each other and together we build ways to be better as a business. At our company, differing perspectives are valued and embraced.
Ship Vehicles strongly promotes inclusiveness and diversity within our workplace. Through this we are able to foster an open-minded and progressive company culture. Our culture is a personally enriching environment for all. We recognize that diversity can take many forms, from nationality and culture to race, color, gender identity, sexuality, religious and educational background, and more. We forbid harassment and discrimination of any kind and provide equal employment opportunities to everyone. Ship Vehicles is a completely equal opportunity employer. We encourage bringing your authentic selves to work every day and our commitment to inclusion drives our business forward.
Our mission is to provide dependable, world-class shipping and transport services to consumers and business partners across all 50 states. Ship Vehicles places a strong emphasis on customer support and satisfaction. We pride ourselves in always searching for innovative ways to deliver superior service.
Our Core Values:
Our solid moral and ethical principles are unwavering. Integrity is the foundation on which we form strong relationships and trust among our employees and leaders. We treat all of our team members and clients with the utmost respect and dignity.
At Ship Vehicles, we believe in the power of collaboration. Our employees fuel our growth. We work, build and grow together to achieve a common goal and shared vision for our company.
We strongly believe that diversity and inclusion must be embedded in the values of our company. This is achieved by valuing diverse life challenges and fostering a supportive, positive environment where all employees are included. We also are committed to fair treatment and prohibiting any form of discrimination.
We are wholeheartedly committed to what we do. Passion is what drives us, and all of our team members, forward. Our ambition and energy are contagious. We’re always seeking the best, relentlessly pushing ourselves beyond our limits.
We persistently seek to redefine the standard of excellence in the auto transport industry. We foster a work environment that allows for the presentation of new ideas that challenge traditional views and drive innovation. In order to stay relevant, we must always be improving on our technology and services offered.
At Ship Vehicles, quality is a top priority. We recognize and greatly understand the importance of the customer experience. It is our job to ensure that your vehicle arrives safely and securely to your desired location. We’re always striving to master the customer experience and outperform our competitors.
At Ship Vehicles, our incredible team of auto transport experts gives us the greatest competitive edge. By sticking to our core values, we will achieve our vision of becoming an industry leader in the auto transport industry. We will always strive to advance in our procedures and continually raise the bar on technology, logistics and mastering the customer experience.
We are seeking a reliable, experienced and driven Dispatch Representative to join our team! The dispatcher role will manage a multi-line phone system and act as a point of communication for customers and carriers. Must be comfortable with handling a heavy inbound call volume.
The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills and be able to remain calm and maintain a positive attitude in high-stress, fast paced situations. You must have a proven ability to multitask and take appropriate action with little supervision. Also, you must be detail-oriented, great at building and maintaining relationships, and able to manage multiple computer systems with proficiency.
- Manage inbound/outbound calls to customers and carriers
- Tackle any requests or issues by relaying proper information and offering solutions
- Dispatch carriers for transport orders
- Prioritize calls and tasks by importance and urgency
- Communicate by phone, email, instant messaging with all parties in order to effectively dispatch a transport order
- Monitor transport routes, coordinate transport orders and prioritize orders that need dispatched
- Give carriers all necessary information about orders including any special instructions, vehicle dimensions, route obstacles, hours, locations, etc.
- Data entry in computer system and log live order status updates
- High school diploma or GED required
- Past experience as dispatcher or other relevant position (minimum one year desired)
- Minimum 3 years of inbound high-volume call center experience strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be passionate about assisting others
- Punctual, reliable, driven and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to multi-task and have strong organization skills
- Active listener with exceptional communication skills
- Experience working with any of the following systems is a plus: Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, Cargotal
The ideal candidate for Account Manager at Ship Vehicles is a productive, goal-oriented individual. You will act as the customer’s direct contact, guiding them through the transport of their vehicle from beginning to end. This position includes a base pay and commission bonuses based on your performance. You must possess a positive attitude and exceptional interpersonal skills to excel at this role.
- Seek out potential new clients
- Keep in contact with clients via phone, email or other preferred method of contact
- Launch new client accounts
- Maintain accounts for existing clients
- Relay accurate pricing and quotes to customers
- Provide answers to any questions that customers may have
- Process orders for shipment
- Understand and handle the shipping of cars, trucks, and other vehicles across the country
- At least one year of sales experience is strongly preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills are essential
- Self-motivated problem-solver
- Strong computer and phone skills
- Excellent communication skills via phone, email/text and in-person
- Understanding of the auto transport industry is a plus
- Time management and ability to prioritize tasks as needed
- Organizational skills
Ship Vehicles seeks an experienced Content Writer to help continue the growth of our business. A successful content writer should be able to conduct relevant keyword research and use SEO best practices to increase traffic. You must know how to research various topics and write as if you are an expert. Excellent grammar and writing skills are required for this position.
- Compose well-researched content for online publication
- Implement search engine optimization (SEO) in writing to increase online visibility in search results
- Produce related content for several platforms including blogs, articles, service descriptions, landing page copy
- Proofread content for any errors or irregularities
- Edit and tweak each piece to maximize readability
- Create captivating headlines and body copy that will grip our audience’s attention
- Understand our audience and develop relevant related content
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated record of superb writing confirmed in a professional portfolio
- Must be a native English language speaker and possess a strong understanding of idioms and current trends
- Capable of working independently with little to no supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Google Docs and Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and objectives with proficiency
- Excellent time management skills including prioritizing, planning and adjusting as needed
The General Manager at Ship Vehicles combines their operational knowledge and business acumen to achieve results while building a highly successful team. This role is responsible for the accomplishment of sales goals, operations and staffing and assigning duties to employees.
You will need to possess proven operational expertise, exceptional marketing knowledge, and be self-motivated. It is your responsibility that the team you manage executes our vision at Ship Vehicles. Additionally, you will need to possess strong communication and customer service skills as you will be collaborating with multiple departments to help achieve company goals.
- Formulate and administer company policies
- Works with all departments to develop long term goals and objectives that align with business growth objectives
- Deliberates with administrative personnel to discuss achievements and examine any necessary changes to goals that result from current conditions
- Supervises all departments to review operating reports, solve any issues and prevent operational delays
- Manages crucial projects, procedures, performance reports, statistics and analysis
- Cultivates and implements business planning including financial performance, sales and new product development
- Oversees profitability analysis and budgeting
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a general or operations manager
- Transportation industry experience strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess proven ability to manage priorities, projects and exhibit flexibility
- Strong problem-solving skills in abrupt situations and long-term instances
- Ability to excel in fast-paced, high pressure situations
- Strong interpersonal skills, assertive but still approachable
- Self-motivated to consistently meet and exceed goals
CDL Truck Driver
We are seeking CDL-A truck driving professionals with experience in car hauling and who reflect the Ship Vehicles values. You’ll be responsible for transporting vehicles along your assigned route in a safe, efficient manner. You will coordinate with our administration, operations, and dispatch teams to guarantee secure and timely transport of our customers’ vehicles.
- Load and secure vehicles on trailer safely and efficiently
- Transport vehicles between assigned locations
- Deliver vehicles damage free and in a timely manner
- Complete inspections and other necessary paperwork prior to and after each trip
- Maintain digital logs for driving hours, vehicle inspections etc.
- Comply with all company procedures and policies
- Maintain assigned truck and uniform so that it meets the highest standards of the company
- Valid CDL-A endorsement with 3 years of verifiable truck driving
- Ten years verifiable employment history desired
- 3 years of experience in transportation industry preferred
- Good driving record with no suspensions or revocations in the last 5 years
- Strong safety record and CSA score
- Pass and consistently meet drug screening and physical examination
- Must pass the identified road test
- General understanding of truck maintenance a plus
- Ability to follow company policies as well as federal and state regulations
- Exceptional attendance record
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with internal and external contacts