If you’re moving or need to transport a vehicle a long distance for any other reason, you may be wondering what your options are. Traditional car shipping using a truck is a good choice – but it may take a long time for your car to reach its destination.
Driveaway auto transport is another option. In this type of auto transport, you will hire a company to send someone to drive your car from one destination to the other – from Chicago to New York City, for example. In this blog, Shipvehicles.com will discuss the basics of this method of auto transport.
What Is Driveaway Auto Transport, And How Does It Work?
In driveaway auto transport, you’ll hire a professional driver, and they will come to your home or another specified location. Then, you’ll give them your keys and they’ll drive your car from your current location to its destination – whether that’s 100 miles or 2,000 miles away.
Basically, driveaway auto transport is just like driving your car to its destination yourself – except instead of you having to go on a long road trip, you hire a professional driver to do it for you.
This is particularly helpful for situations like moving across the country. You can send your household goods on a moving truck, and get a driveaway auto transport company to drive your vehicle to your new home – then just fly to your destination on an airplane, and avoid a multi-day road trip!
What Are The Benefits Of Driveaway Auto Transport?
Wondering why you may want to choose driveaway auto transport rather than truck-based auto shipping? Here are a few of the benefits.
- Guaranteed delivery dates – When you ship your car on a truck, it may be shipped with up to 10 other vehicles. This means the driver might have to make a lot of stops to unload each one, which leads to longer delivery times.
In contrast, driveaway auto transport is much faster, and has guaranteed delivery times. If you need to get your car to its destination quickly, this may make it a better option for your situation.
- Door-to-door service to any destination – Some large auto shipping trucks may not be able to fit into tight roads and other areas, so you may need to pick up your car at a shipping center if this is the case. This is not true of driveaway auto transport – as long as the car fits and can handle the terrain or narrow streets, it can be delivered right to your door.
- Transport personal items when moving – Some driveaway auto transport providers will allow you to transport personal items as part of their services, such as valuables you want to keep safe while moving.
The Drawbacks Of Driveaway Auto Transport
Driveaway auto transport isn’t always the best option. Here are a few drawbacks of choosing this method of car shipping.
- More expensive – The cost of driveaway auto transport is almost always a lot higher compared to using a trailer, so keep this in mind.
- Added wear & tear – Since your car is actually being driven to its destination rather than being carried on a truck trailer, the mechanical components will undergo a lot of wear & tear.
- Fewer options for transport – It can be harder to shop around, since many large auto shipping companies don’t offer driveaway auto transport services. Scammers also may sometimes offer these services, so you’ll need to do your research to make sure you’re working with a reputable company.
Need Help? Explore Your Options Today!
At Shipvehicles.com, we can help you explore all of your options for shipping your vehicle. Don’t wait. Contact us online or give us a call at 877-310-6434 now to get a quote, explore your different shipment options, and get the assistance you need.
- A Brief Guide to Car Moving
- Everything About Shipping Multiple Cars Across Country
- Helpful Tips to Send Car to Another State
- Pickup Truck Delivery – The Benefits Associated
- Everything About Military PCS Vehicle Shipping
- Shipping Your Copart Auction Vehicle with the Right Copart Shipping Services
- Can you Ship a Car – Find the Answer Here!
- Everything You Must Know About How to Ship My Car to Hawaii
- How to Ensure a Safe Auto Transport!
- Here’s Your Guide To Motorcycle Shipping Cost Estimator